Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sculpting a Life: Patterns in the studio.




In the last few days in the studio, I’ve been swirling, twirling and spiraling around and around. I’m not dancing, although I am listening to music from jazz to celtic dance to Jimmy Buffet. I am working on my sculpture.

I’m working on masks in copper and aluminum screening. Both have been keeping me busy creating patterns of swirls, spirals and lines. And I love patterns. I love the rhythm, the repetition, the roundness. When I get the pattern that works, it just feels right.

Here are a few pictures of the patterns I’ve been creating on both of the masks I’m working on right now. One is a dragon mask done in copper using a repousse’ technique, the other mask is an aluminum mesh material and the pattern is created with acrylic paints.

Swirling and twirling…I just love patterns!

If you'd like to see more of my work in the studio, check out my website at Susan Gallacher-Turner Sculpture www.susangt.com You can also keep up with more of creative activities on my new blog Sculpting A Life at http://sculptingalife.blogspot.com

No comments: