Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Television Musings- Rants and Raves of a Romance Writer


Academy Awards 2010
By Kathy Carpenter

I would be remiss if I did not comment on the Academy Awards. I mean one of the most watched Television shows of the year.

A first this year best director Kathrine Bigelow. Director of “The Hurt Locker.” Also best picture. A great picture I would not know. I hate all war movies except Civil war. Although war stories tend to do well with the Academy. And at least “Avitar” did not win. Just because it’s the biggest grossing movie of all time. And no I did not go to “Avitar” either. Nothing about the movie appealed to me. I did see one nomination. “Up in the air” and though I liked the movie okay. Did not care for the ending. I did not think it was Oscar worthy either. I mean Cloony played himself or the guy we believe him to be is that acting?

Oh well, and I do see a lot of movies me and Oscar rarely agree. But there’s always next year. And the red carpet never gets old.

No comments: