Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday Morning Motivators to Slay Your Creative Dragons

By CJ Lyons and Margie Lawson

A Girl Who Can’t Say “No!” from CJ:


I’m just a girl who can’t say No! So goes the song and so goes my life….and my free time, my writing time, my work-out time, my family time…you get the picture.

It’s hard for working writers, especially those of us working from home, to say no.

After all, we’re easy targets. To pick up the neighbor’s packages, answer the calls from telemarketers (how many times have you been in the zone only to have it shattered by a call about mortgage insurance?), run errands, help out with writing groups, etc, etc.

Yeah, we know the rules: prioritize our time, protect our working space and schedule, yadada….but it all boils down to learning how to say No!

So, here I go, my new resolution–I’m going to learn how to say No! How about you?

Thanks for reading,
CJ
As a pediatric ER doctor, CJ Lyons has lived the life she writes about in her cutting edge suspense novels. Her debut, LIFELINES (Berkley, March 2008), became a national bestseller and Publishers Weekly proclaimed it a "breathtakingly fast-paced medical thriller." The second in the series, WARNING SIGNS, is due out January, 2009. Contact her at http://www.cjlyons.net

Margie Lawson -- presenter, psychotherapist, writer -- lives at the top of a Colorado mountain west of Denver. Margie merged her two worlds, psychology and writing, to develop psychologically anchored editing systems and techniques that teach writers how to write page turners. A former college professor, Margie works as a psychotherapist, writes fiction and nonfiction, and presents full day master classes for writers internationally. Go to http://www.margielawson.com for more information.


No comments: