Monday, December 08, 2008

Television Musings - Rants and Raves of a Romance Writer


By Kathy Carpenter


Sugerplums and Scandal


Sugarplums and Scandal
is a Christmas Anthology by six authors. I like to read a few Christmas books this time of year. The story I’m on is “Holly Go-Lighty” by Suzanne Macpherson.

Holly well that’s Christmas and what else would I be watching? I watched four made for Television Christmas movies last week. I can’t remember the names of the first two ( weeks are long this time of year if you know what I mean) But the last two were Comfort and Joy and Flirting With Forty. The Magic of Christmas what can I say? I try to watch as many of these movies as I can fit in.

Once Christmas is past, well at least in January, it’s no Christmas movies for me. I don’t like to watch things out of season. I especially hate watching Christmas movies in the summer.

These days everything is such a rush. In California we don’t even have our real summer weather until September and October. At the end of September I like to enjoy the fall season of decorating for about three weeks. Then Halloween maybe three weeks, after that some more Fall Thanksgiving stuff for about three weeks. And then Christmas. Not jumping ahead but enjoying each as it’s own special time period.

Until next week,
Kathy

No comments: