Monday, December 29, 2008

Television Musings - Rants and Raves of a Romance Writer


By Kathy Carpenter

Momma’s Boy

Last Monday I watched what I thought was the first episode of Momma’s Boy a new reality show. The show was two hours and had potential. I was disappointed with this show.

I was lost right off the bat. There were no introductions of the players. No introductions of girls or how many there were. No introductions of the three men. And no introduction of the momma’s. No explaining of what the outcome is to be. It was kind of like I came into the middle of things. With one of the mother’s moving into the house. Actually it showed two and I wondered for a lng time what about the third one. The show had a lot of drama. I mean these mom’s are far worse than others woman, like on the Bachelor.

Did I tune back in tonight. Yes. Not much else is on. And I wanted to give the show a chance. I sort of want to see who the guys will chose. But it’s difficult. They don’t really show enough of the girl’s to let you have a favorite or get to know them. Mainly it focuses on the girls the mom’s don’t want for their sons. Of course those are the men’s favorite. They may be momma’s boys but they still want to have a good time.

No comments: