Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Television Musings-Rants and Raves of a Romance Writer


By Kathy Carpenter


Fear

This week’s blog is on the new reality show Fear, I love scary movies. Halloween, Friday the 13th, Chucky, that type. But the never really scare me.

I find when I watch them, at least at the theater and go to most alone because no one I know likes them, I find sort of a calm or peacefulness settles in around me. My guess is that I feel it’s happening to someone else. I don’t know.
You know I love reality shows. So it was only natural for me to watch Fear. But I found myself scared on this. I don’t know if it’s because it’s on Television ot because the people seem more real but it’s scary.

They started out with 13 people who are killed off one by one. They are out in the middle of a swamp somewhere, in a cabin, and most stuff like the challenges and executions takes place at night.

In the first episode the execution was two girls buried alive in coffins. The first one to get out stayed in the game.

Last episode the took the teams blindfolded them put them in boats and sent them to the middle of a lake, in the swamp filled with all kids of stuff. A Saw-like voice comes on to tell them what to do (scary in itself). They put holes in the boat and a box of snakes. One of each team had to hold up a snake in each hand while the other one bailed water. The first team to ask for help went to execution.

In the execution they were locked in cages with rats trying to get at their faces.

The show does an excellent job of playing on the contestants fears along with the audience at home. Creepy stuff. Wednesday @ 8pm on Fox.

No comments: