Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Seven Delights



Television Musings
Rants and Raves of a Romance Writer

By Kathy Carpenter

Yes... I did it. Due to another week of weak television, sorry I’m just not into the Olympics and the Democratic Convention, and the long Holiday weekend, I finished my book. What am I into, learning, writing, reading, movies, and yes television to name a few.

I’m happy to have a new book to tie in this week. Although I will confess having the goal to have something new has helped my reading.

The Seven Delights is a historical romance by Betina Krahn. I love her stories. Two historical’s in a row and I’m enjoying them immensely. Even though I love historical’s I usually read contemporaries. A wise person says we should do more of what we love.
And here is the rest of it.

With the title the seven delights I’m not going where you think to tie this in and with some titles that may be my challenge, but this is a G rated blog. Well maybe PG. Anyway I decide to tie this in by picking a delight for each day of the week.. Seven shows. One each day that brings me delight.

At first thought the idea seemed simple. But then I started to think about it. That’s what I do, think. My mind wandered, do I pick shows on currently, shows I normally watch but aren’t on right now (or I don’t watch them because they are in rerun, and even though they may delight me, I don’t do reruns) (like I said I like to learn and I like fresh and new). and what about shows that are on more than once a week, and what about the night nothing delights me. Too much thought,

I decided to keep it simple and just pick one show for each day without any rules. Without further ado my Seven Delights.


Monday - "The Closer"A female cop show with humor.
Tuesday - This is a bit more difficult. Had to really think on this one.”Boston Legal” I love this.
Wednesday - That’s an easy one “Top Model,”
Thursday - “Survivor
Friday - “The Ghost Whisperer
Saturday - The one real night that doesn’t delight me. Every week night we go places and I have to tape, tape, tape. Saturday we stay home and nothing. We catch up on tapes. This
week we did watch “Chuck” and this is cute, Monday was it’s regular night but it repeats on Saturday a lot. A show about a computer nerd who had FBI secrets down-
Load into his head. So he plays a reluctant FBI secret helper.
Sunday - “Big Brother” Everyone know this is a delight by now.

They you have it.
Kathy Carpenter
Online class Coordinator
San Diego RWA
“Using Your Website as a Marketing Tool”
October 6 - 13 , 2008
http://www.rwasd.com/training/

No comments: